When you want to prohibit some pages on your website from being crawled and stored by search engines like Google, or you want to restrict images from appearing on your crawling statutes, or you just want to save your website crawl money, the Robots.txt file feature is the best way to do it.
The Robots.txt file offers you authority over your website's content by allowing or preventing pages, articles, images, Google bots, Yahoo, Bing, or MSN from being searched on Google indexing. That is, you can either prevent some pages from being scanned or prevent the complete website from being indexed while allowing some pages.
What is Robot.txt Generator?
Our Robots.txt generator is a free online utility that assists you in creating a suitable Robots.txt file for your website. It will create the text for you instantly and allow you to obtain the file so you can submit it to the website. It will also enable you to modify it by allowing you to specify which types of bots should be permitted on your site and which folders or files should be prohibited from being crawled or searched by search engine bots.
Robots.txt generators are a quick and simple method to include a Robots.txt file on your website without having to physically write one.
Steps to Use Robot.txt Generator Tool:
- Enter your website URL in the appropriate field or box provided.
- Choose the pages or directories that you want to allow or disallow access to by adding or removing them from the list provided.
- Choose whether you want search engine robots to follow or nofollow the links on your website.
- Choose the sitemap URL of your website if you have one, to allow search engine robots to easily crawl and index your site.
- Choose any additional settings, such as crawl delay or user-agent.
- Once you have made all the necessary adjustments, click on the "Generate" button.
- The tool will generate a robots.txt file for your website, which you can download and upload to your website's root directory.
- Verify that the robots.txt file has been uploaded correctly by checking the file using a robots.txt checker tool.
That's it! Your website is now protected by the rules you have set in your robots.txt file.